Lighter than, yet comparable to glass when it comes to clarity/transparency, Diamond Coatings anti reflective polycarbonate offers excellent properties that make it the ideal substrate for an extensive range of applications across many different industries.
Anti Reflective Polycarbonate Properties
Easy to machine/coat and available in diverse grades featuring, for instance, flame-retardant properties, AR coated polycarbonate offers an array of interesting properties, including:
- High Impact Resistance
- High temperature Resistance
- Excellent Flammability Ratings
- Outstanding Light Transmission Rates (91% for products coated on one side & 95% for products coated both sides)
This combination of excellent optical properties, light weight and high impact/temperature resistance makes AR polycarbonate the perfect material choice for a multitude of applications across all industries.
AR Coated Polycarbonate Applications
Applications of AR coated polycarbonates include, among others:
- Resistive/Capacitive Touch Screens & Panels and Electronic Displays in the Automobile Industry
- Medical Manufacturers, Food Processing & Agricultural Equipment Display & Command/Control Screens/Panels
- Monolithic Shielding (EMI/RFI) Filters, Electronic & Opto-Electronic Displays & Transparent ITO Heaters
- Naval and Aviation Flight Decks & Related Equipment/Cargo Areas/Hanger Lighting
- External Information Displays, Security Camera Domes and LCD Display Panels on Large Portable Generators
- Marine/Boat Windows, Military Ground Vehicles, Periscopes and More
Its high impact resistance also makes AR coated polycarbonate an excellent material for bullet resistance lamination and anti-vandal touch displays/screens (i.e. ATM screens, public information displays, and so on).
Reducing unwanted glare/reflection, AR polycarbonates also protect images from UV-related yellowing/fading, which also makes it a popular material for applications like, for instance:
- Advertising Gallery Displays and Art Exhibitions
- Picture Framing, Retail/Poster Displays and Display Cases/Cabinets
Additional Coating Options
In addition to anti-reflective coatings, Diamond Coatings can also offer application of other optional coatings, including scratch resistant (hard coat), conductive ITO & other special optical coatings and diverse adhesive gaskets/tapes permitting easy bonding to frames, display cases, etc.
To learn more about anti reflective polycarbonate and/or any of our other products; get expert advice on what is the most suitable substrate/coating for your application and/or discuss your application’s specific requirements with one of our specialists, please give us a call on (480) 999-3456 (or, if you are getting in touch from a location outside the US, 001 (480) 999-3456), drop us an e-mail at: email@example.com or use our contact form online today.