There are many very good reasons why Diamox ITO coatings are the ideal solution for your applications. Here are some of them.
Diamox ITO Applications
Deposited onto glass or plastic (i.e. acrylic, polyester or polycarbonates) substrates via a low-temperature vacuum depositing process, Diamox ITO coatings are ideal for applications including, to name just some of many:
- LCD, Plasma & Electrochromic Displays
- Field Emission/Electroluminescent and Medical Equipment Displays
- Avionics Cockpit Displays, Navigational Displays within Military Vehicles &Photovoltaic Cells
- Gas Sensors, Heat Reflective Coatings & Energy Efficient Windows
- Touch Panels/Screens (Resistive & Capacitive) and ITO Coated Films
- Electrostatic Dissipation, Clear (Optically) Heated Display Filters and EMI/RFI Shielding
- ITO Microscope Slides & Cover Slips and More
What Makes Diamox ITO Coatings Ideal for these Applications?
So, why are Diamox coatings the perfect solution for these and many other applications? This question can be quickly and easily answered by looking at the properties these coatings offer:
High Electrical Conductivity: Compared to various alternative doped metal oxide (DMO) coatings, Diamox ITO offers significantly improved electrical conductivity, with potential sheet resistances depending on the coating’s thickness.
High Optical Transparency: At a 525 to 600nm wavelength range, a 20ohms/sq Diamox coating offers a peak light transmission rate of 87 per cent on glass and a rate of 81 per cent on polycarbonate. This, of course, means the optical transparency of these coatings is much higher than that of other DMO coatings.
High Shielding Effectiveness: Effectively inhibiting & minimising (and potentially eliminating) ESD, EMI & RFI (Electro-Static Discharge, Electro-Magnetic & Radio Frequency Interface) effects, Diamox ITO offers exceptional shielding effectiveness (58dB @ 1MHZ and 26dB @ 1GHz). This not only significantly enhances electronic devices’ reception but also their overall performance.
Chemical Stability: Vigorously tested (MIL STD 48497) via subjection to humidity cycling, thermal cycling and salt spray, Diamox coatings offer outstanding chemical stability, with no detectable optical degradation or evidence of sheet resistance/adhesion reductions and are resistant to:
- Moisture Penetration
- Flaking and
What’s more, we can:
- Apply Diamox ITO to flat or shaped, as well as injection-molded and free issue parts.
- Create extremely customized coating solutions to match application-specific electronic, optical and/or opto-electronic requirements by combining Diamox ITO with various other coatings.
- Precision edge coatings to create delicate conductor paths and/or meet even exceptionally complex customer patterning requirements
For more detailed information and/or to speak to our technical team about your application’s specific requirements, call us on (480) 999-3456 – or 001 (480) 999-3456 for callers located outside the US – now.