Diamond Coatings’ anti reflective coating film AR1617 is a high-performance, superior quality multi-layer film ideal for use in digital display/signage applications including, among many others:
- Optically Transparent Touch Control/Display Panels
- Pen/Touch Entry Screens
- Medical, Industrial, Advertising/Retail & Public Information Displays
- Electronic (PDP, OLED, LCD, EP) Displays
- Optical Enhancements, Smart Windows, Solar Cells & More
So, what makes this multi-layer AR film the perfect answer to these and many other applications’ demands? The answer to this question lies in its properties…
The first advantage our AR1617 film offers is delivered by its optical properties, which include:
- 59% reflection (minimum at wavelengths between 580 and 590 nm)
- 074% luminous reflection
- Minimal haze (0.1%)
- 4% total luminous transmission
This is added to by good anti-static properties and good abrasion, chemical and environmental resistance: when subjected to chemical1 and environmental2 testing, both the AR1617 film’s properties and its effectiveness remained unchanged and testing for abrasion resistance using 200g/cm2 steel wool produced only minimal scratch (0 – 5).
1Method of Testing Chemical Resistance:
Serving only for information due to tests not being carried out by independent laboratories, chemical resistance was tested by depositing drops of diverse chemicals (see list below) onto the surface of the film and allowing them to remain there for 30 minutes before wiping them off and checking for surface changes.
Chemicals used in this test included:
- Hydrogen chloride
- Glass cleaner
- 5% aq.sol. kitchen cleaner
- 3% ap.sol. ammonium hydroxide
- 1% aq.sol sodium hydroxide
2Methods of Testing Environmental Resistance:
Humidity – Exposure (for 500 hours) to 90% RH @ 60° C
Cycling – Exposure to -30° C to +60° C temperature cycling
Heat – Exposure (for 500 hours) to 103° C
For more technical details, reflection/transmission graphs and more, please view the AR1617 data sheet here.
Anti Reflective Coating Film Options
Finally, AR1617 AR Film can be supplied:
- By linear metre on rolls with a standard width of 1,250 mm;
- As standard 250 x 250 mm sheets;
- As standard 1,000 x 1,000 mm sheets, or
- Laminated directly onto clients’ preferred substrate (upon request)
- As films matching clients’ specific dimensional requirements (upon request)
This, of course, adds a great deal of versatility and flexibility in terms of application design.
Please do not hesitate to contact our technical specialists for more detailed information and/or to discuss your application/projects design specifications.