Earthing Copper Tape
Perfect for bonding, grounding and shielding in electronic applications, Diamond Coatings earthing copper tape can be supplied with either single or double-sided conductivity. The copper tape available from Diamond Coatings is potentially the most conductive on the market.
Our earthing copper tape is available in standard widths of 6 mm, 12 mm, 25 mm and 50 mm (non-standard widths can also be supplied upon request) and 20m rolls.
Where would you use earthing copper tape?
As well as Earthing protection (i.e. HT/LT panels), flexible flat conductors and transformer connectors, copper tape is suitable for sealing gaps on RFI/EMI sensitive enclosures and fixing/sealing Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) coated windows into apertures. Common applications include:
- Electronics’ surface-mount transmission lines, bus bars and thin wiring
- Capacitive touch pads/screens and control panels
- Power transmission systems and EMI/RFI shielding
- Anti-static discharge and electrostatic applications
- Manufacture and repair of printed circuit boards, as well as
- Duplicating machines, mobile phones, laptops and tablets
- PDP, PDA & LCD monitors and other electronic applications requiring EMI Shielding
Here’s the ‘science’ bit:
- Material Thickness: 0.025 mm (+/-0.005 mm)
- Adhesive Thickness: 0.03 mm (+/-0.005 mm)
- Release Liner: 0.11 ~ 0.15 mm
- Total Thickness: 0.076 mm (+/-0.005 mm)
- Vickers Hardness 0.3/15: 42
- Elongation Lo = 100mm: 16.84% to 17.77%
- Tensile Strength, Rm: 194.67 to 201.07 N/mm²
- Holding Power (178º/PST#7): >72 Hr
- Peel Adhesion (180º/PST#1): >1.0 Kg/in
- Temperature: 5 ~ 130 ºC
- Volume Resistivity (in Ohms/sq): <0.09 Ω/sq
Perfect for bonding, grounding and shielding in electronic applications, copper tape also has a couple of less conventional, yet effective uses – as a slug repellent and in the world of Formula One! You can read more about the above here – it’s definitely worth a read!
If you need more information about our copper tape, or would like to speak to someone directly regarding your specific requirements, please get in touch with us today.