Reflective Acrylic Sheet
Acrylic is a highly versatile, clear plastic that resembles glass, but has properties which make it superior to glass in many ways and in many situations.
Why Acrylic is the best Plastic Substrate for Anti-Reflective Coatings:
The main advantage is the reduced weight of acrylic over glass. Our Acrylic sheet is inspected to a very high optical specification. Acrylic also optically out performs polycarbonate and additional scratch resistant properties can be added along with our anti-glare coatings.
Diamond Coatings anti-reflective coating on acrylic works to reduce the obscured visibility and light lost by minimising reflection on the surface of the acrylic sheet, resulting in a sharper and clearer view through it , and an overall improved optical performance in a range of lighting conditions.
Key Uses and Features:
Because of the anti-reflective coating’s effectiveness on this hard plastic, it is used widely in a variety of industries.
This special non-reflective acrylic is ideal for use in galleries, exhibitions, shops and the home where strong lighting can often cause irritating glare which detracts from the viewing experience.
- Ideal for galleries and exhibitions
- Protects the image from yellowing and fading caused by UV light (e.g. sun bleaching)
- Approximately half the weight of traditional glass
- 11 times more resistant against impacts compared to standard float glass
- Easy to work with when customising sizes
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
In addition, anti-reflective options are also suitable for plastic films. AR1617 Film is an anti-reflective coated PET film, ideal for digital displays and signage.
The AR coating is conductive with a sheet resistance of typically 1000+ ohms/sq. The following anti reflective coating options are available from Diamond Coatings:
- DIAMOND-AR – Multi-purpose to suit customers’ requirements
- DIAMOND-AR WET – Acrylic sheet with dipped AR coating giving approximate reflection of 3%
- DIAMOND-AR VAC – Vacuum deposited AR at various wavelengths to suit customer requirements with average reflection of 0.5%
- DIAMOND-AR COND – ITO conductive coating combined with multilayer AR
To find out about our Anti Reflective Coatings for LED Screens please click the link.
DIAMOND AR, the anti-reflective coating we supply and manufacture, is available on polycarbonate and acrylic substrates, as well as glass.
To get more information on our products, learn more about their applications, get advice on finding the most suitable product for your specific purpose or to discuss your requirements please contact one of our experts.